School closure information
Conditions may arise which will effect the normal running of schools.
These conditions may arise because adverse weather or the breakdown of services or facilities or another major event. In these circumstances it is the headteacher who is responsible for determining what action is appropriate. If the headteacher decides to close the school, we will;
- Broadcast the information on BBC Wiltshire Radio (103.5, 104.3 and 104.9FM) and Heart Wiltshire FM (97.2 and 102.2).
- Where possible we will put a message on our school website www.st-peters.wilts.sch.uk
- Where possible, we will endeavour to keep the school open with a skeleton staff
- Where possible, we endeavour to have staff in school from 8.30 – 9.00am to keep you informed on the situation
- Where possible, we will send a text message to parents who have given up to date mobile numbers, via Call Parents.
- If we ever needed to close the school during the day, children would not be sent home without an adult to collect them from school. Arrangements will be made to accommodate children until they are collected.
We would like you to:
- If there are adverse weather conditions, please check the school isopen before you send your child to school.
- Please check the school web site www.st-peters.wilts.sch.uk
- Listen to BBC Wiltshire Radio or Heart Wiltshire FM.
- Please check the Heart website http://www.heart.co.uk/wiltshire/ or the BBC web site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/wiltshire/
- If you see unaccompanied children walking to school, DO NOT TELL THEM TO GO HOME even if you know the school is closed. They should report to school where their parents will be contacted.
- Ensure that all your contact details are up to date.